Friday, September 02, 2005

Hurricane Katrina.

Over the last couple of days, I have been glued to the “net”, watching and reading the stories coming out of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama… all of which focus on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. It is hard for me to comprehend that the US has lost complete control of one of its major cities, New Orleans… and not just a small section but also the vast majority if not all of it. It is hard for me to comprehend what appears to be a systematic failure across multiple levels of government, and the very fabric of society is failing apart in New Orleans.

You mean to tell me Senator Mary Landrieu (D) actually represents folks from Louisiana. I am not usually quick to judge a person… I hope her constituents take her paycheck and use it for relief efforts.

http://www.robsherrard.com/vids/cooper_360.wmv

Nice job Anderson Cooper for not letting her bullshit slide by…

Here is Anderson’s transcript from the show…

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/01/acd.01.html

It is my believe that, this event is a historic event, and while the hurricane was a catastrophe itself… the systematic breakdown is of equal catastrophe, I hope we the people and government are able to learn from this experience. The next catastrophe is coming; it is not a matter of if, but when.

Rob

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Pirate said...

I agree the systematic breakdown befuddles me and pisses me off as well. It is telling of us as people though. We would rather point fingers and blame instead of moving on and getting the things done.

I worked for the government for 15 years and a screw up like this is the usual but never at this capacity.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the Democrats by default will get it the next 4 years.Makes you wonder if Hillary could have done much better. This may be a cheap lesson if we heed the ominous warning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home